Friday, May 25, 2012

FIZZIES- bath time

One of my favorite indulgences is taking a nice warm bath that smell good and feel good. My sore neck reminded me that its been a long time since I took a bath which then reminded me of the wonderful bath bombs I use to make all the time. Its so much fun to make, just like playing with sand at the beach and building sand castles except you get to keep it in a pretty little jar until you use it for your next bath. If you love Lush bath bombs, you will love making these and using them just as much for a whole lot less $$$! I am no pro at this so I will send you over to this video with step by step instructions on how to make it. I've made these a few times now and from my experience, you can adjust the ingredients slightly to your taste (i don't mean eating it!). I tend to use a bit less kaolin clay and a bit more citric acid (more fizzing action!) and extra fragrance oil. I feel the kaolin clay, though good for your skin, did something to the length of time it fizzes in my bath water and I didn't like that. I want my bombs to fizz like crazy! Also, the ingredients called for alcohol but you can replace that with witch hazel, much gentler for the skin. You can buy most of the ingredients you need at coastal scents or elementsbathandbody.com, which I prefer. You can add extra toppings to your fizzies like dried lavender or rose buds (be sure to have a strainer in when draining your bath). The first time I made them, I used glitter. I was so excited about the sparkles and how pretty and magical my bath water will look but I highly DO NOT recommend this! they will stick to your body due to the oils used in making these. Your skin will be nicely moisturized but the glitters stick to you and are very hard to wash off. You will get glitter all over your house, your car and you will take them with you to your work! My wonderful fiance was such a good sport and supports everything I make. He jumped into a tub full of glittery water without hesitation and he ended up with glitter everywhere! he went to work with glitter on his face :P Now he just prefers to stand and watch them fizz. Hope you all enjoy making these bath treats!
this is what the ingredients look like. DO NOT use glitter!
In addition to the 1 tsp fragrance oil, I also add a few drops of pure concentrated essential oils. They will make the scent last on your skin after the bath. My favorite scent is lavender!

you can add some dried rose buds or lavender to your fizzies. They will float around in your bath water just like at the spa!
the ingredient makes 4 little bombs. If you have a bit left over, you can make a tablet
Not only are they fun to make, they make great gifts! Here I am using my bath soap boxes I collect and save
A few things I like having with my bath: bath salts for sore achy muscles, candles-lots of them, loofah or exfoliating bar and a glass of ice cold drink! RELAX, DE-STRESS AND ENJOY YOUR LONG WEEKEND!
you can also make 2 batch of different colors and layer them to create these stripes! here I also added dried lavender


2 comments:

  1. Love this article! Want to try this when I have time for sure... and I love the style of the photos as well!!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely try it, you can use a nice warm bath after a long day at work and class!

      Delete

thank you for leaving a comment. It made my day!

xoxo,
stylelatte