Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WAY TO ROLL- introducing....... LOLA

So yesterday turned out to be a not so bad day after all. My new bike arrived! I walked down to the bike shop to pick it up and rode it home. It was the best ride ever! If you missed my previous post LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT go check it out! I went with the black classic 3i. In that post, I guessed the price to be around $650 but i was wrong. It was a little more than that. Regardless, I finally got my bike and it was truly love at first sight! As I walked in, I saw my black beauty parked behind the counters and I could not wait to take it home. She is drenched in vintage. I decided to call her, Lola. I was originally thinking about naming her Carmen but the bike is Electra and i dont want her to be Carmen Electra haha so I went with Lola. Lola is sweet with an impeccable sense of style. Also to mention, very green! Her headlights are not battery operated. They are generator powered and activates when you pedal. Kinda neat right? love the old school technology. I also love the skirt guard in the rear tire. Perfect for a girl like me who loves wearing skirts and dresses. My bike came with a little catalog of accessories and I already have my eye on a few things. The only thing it didn't have is the leather saddle bags to go with my retro leatherette saddle. But thats ok, I will find it! Now lets take a look at the list of must haves again:

THE BASICS
- must be chic & stylish----double triple check this!
- must be a beach cruiser not a mountain bike----check
- 24" wheels ('cause im short)
- if its 26" then seats must be able to go down really low----the tires are actually bigger but the small frame made this the perfect size so check check check!
- brown leather trims (seat and handle)---double check!
- must have front and back fenders---double check!
- come with back seat (so i can put a picnic basket)---check!

And these are the things I wish to add :)
- bell or horn (because I don't want to get hit again)---bonus check!
- side mirrors---need to get
- cup holder (Paul said he would make me one but where is it??)---will order soon!
- large wicker basket---will order soon!
- saddle bags (like the Cynthia Rowley bike below)---need to find
- big reflector at the front (size of headlight)--- came with it so double triple bonus check
the owner of the bike shop I went to drives an oldies classic vintage car in black. This is the bike version of his car :)

I didn't know the back fenders have the white contrast, love it!

skirt guard will come in very handy. Also came with bungy cord to hold your stuff in the back rack. I will need to get some longer bungy cords to hold big things.

This bike has handle break for front tires and back pedaling for back tire break. I will be using the bell A LOT

way to roll


3 comments:

  1. This bicycle is so beautiful! I can't wait to see it in action... so glad you had a great day!

    :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! now you have to get a bike too so we can all go cruising!

      Delete
  2. There's a song by The Kinks called "Lola". Ask Paul, he might know it and what it's about.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a comment. It made my day!

xoxo,
stylelatte