Monday, April 30, 2012

MARIGOLD

The vintage dress rehab continues with this cute marigold yellow skirt. I bought this a long time ago. It came as part of a 3 piece set, matching lace top, this skirt and the most hideous jacket I have ever seen. I really did not want to take that jacket home so I told the lady I would pay for the regular price but they could keep the jacket. Now I wish I had the jacket to show you guys! Anyways, I've been really loving yellows and since summer is just around the corner, I thought this skirt would be perfect as a flowy dress! This is also my favorite dress silhouette, so easy to wear, comfy and you can eat a lot, feel bloated and no one will know! It hides everything! :D
as with most vintage clothing, the elastics loose its stretch and needs replaced

here, the elastic has been replaced and now ready to cut! I took out about 4" from the length

TADA! perfect length for petite people like me :)

lets take a close look at my wonderful hand sewing job. not bad huh? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment. It made my day!

xoxo,
stylelatte