Friday, April 6, 2012

FRESH LEMONADE + CUTE OUTFIT

"When life doesn't give you lemons, you will soon find that you miss them". So I went to costco and bought a big bag for about $3! I found this perfect simple lemonade recipe and couldn't wait to try it out. Thank goodness for my beautiful lemon juicer (gift from Paul) because this recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice and I can never hand squeeze that many lemons! If you are looking for a juicer, i highly recommend it! It is from pottery barn. The recipe required boiling hot water to make the syrup but you can just use room temperature water and shake it in a bottle like i did.
Here is how I made my lemonade, I made A LOT so come on over and have some lemonade! HAPPY FRIDAY AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!
You can get this juicer at the pottery barn website, still available! $119     (doesn't this look just like my kitchen?)

ingredients: 1 3/4 cup sugar   8 cups water   1 1/2 cup lemon juice

I used 6~7 of these giant lemons to get me to 1 1/2 cups of juice

juicer in action!

mess free, drips right into the cup. very easy to clean. just rinse the thing that touched the lemon and the dripping dish

making the sugar syrup. I realized I do not own a funnel! so I made one with foil :)

1 3/4 cup of sugar + 1 cup water and shake it up! it does look like milk doesnt it?

refreshing!

the rest 7 cups water+ sugar syrup+ 1 1/2 lemon juice. I used this big mason jar drink dispenser (also from pottery barn) to mix everything. If you want this much lemonade, you will need to double up on everything which is what I did here

I filled up my milk glass container with some lemonade to share with my lil' sis!

And now a cute weekend outfit idea. If you've been reading my blog since the beginning, you know I absolutely admire Olivia Palermo's style. This outfit is comfy and casual yet chic and pulled together. You can easily recreate this look with similar top here cute white skirt here throw on this leopard scarf and you are good to go! I failed to find an affordable decent looking nude tote bag. This is the best one I found. You can add your own black tassel just like the one she is carrying. I think its by Balenciaga.
PS. I just looked at the red top and they are sold out of the red. only rust color left :( maybe you can call up your local forever 21 store to see if they still have the red. And what? bag is no longer available too! their stuff really sell out fast.

4 comments:

  1. the lemonade was perfect for the sore throat i got from the flu! and good recipe - not too sweet, very refreshing for the coming summer after sun bathing ;) thanks so much!!! i will bring back the bottle for refills. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should set up a lemonade stand outside your front porch. Maybe this time it'll be more profitable!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a comment. It made my day!

xoxo,
stylelatte