Wednesday, June 20, 2012

CHALKBOARD PLAQUE

I've been wanting to try out chalkboard paint and finally bought some to try. I am very pleased with the result. Recently, we put up towel hooks in our bathroom so I made these plaques to hang above each hook to say "his" an "hers" or "mine" and "yours" or "paul" and "emily". So many options I cant decide! So these chalkboard plaques are perfect. I can simply erase and write a new word when I get tired of the old one. They are inexpensive and easy to make. I suggest sanding down the wood before painting so you get a nice smooth surface.
I used grey and black chalk board. I am really loving the grey :) made a few for around the house. These were to test out the paint. I cant wait to make a huge one !

the guest bathroom door
All supplies available at Michael's. I used chalkboard paint by Martha Stewart. After painting the chalkboard, I then painted the boarders white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment. It made my day!

xoxo,
stylelatte