Monday, July 9, 2012

INSTA-WEEKEND

You know how I had mentioned about going down to the beach to ride Lola? It almost didn't happen! I guess she is really a little french lady after all and does not want to be strapped to the back of the car. Lola's unique "step in" frame does not fit on a traditional bike rack. I was so sad we weren't going to be able to take her to the beach but handy Paul wiggled her into the trunk of his explorer and it fit!!! So happy! We rode from Santa Monica to Malibu and went back the other way down to Venice beach. It was so much fun, Lola is such a comfortable ride, it didnt feel like 10 miles or however many mile it was. This week, I will be doing some accessory shopping for her. Im thinking about basket for front or back, maybe some leather tassles for the handle (she needs arm candy too!) and definitely a cup holder, I've been wanting this since my last bike!

Here are some snippets of my weekend, how was your weekend?
No, i didnt ride on the sand! just carried it on to the sand to take some photos and get out of the bike path :D
strapped my bag to the back seat

We ended the day with a lovely dinner at Shutters. AND guess what happened here??? they had bike racks set up by the entrance for people to lock up their bikes but they also had their own bikes for guests to borrow. Someone was getting too comfortable on Lola wanting to rent her!!!!! >_< I was not happy about that.

Went to pick up our wedding bands on Saturday and enjoyed brunch later on. So happy to get my ring back.

followed by yummy dessert: sweet belgian waffle with blueberry jasmine ice cream YUMMY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment. It made my day!

xoxo,
stylelatte