Thursday, September 20, 2012

STRIPES & GOLD

I have a little obsession with black and white stripes. In fact, i wish my house was all black and white but I know someone will be complaining and craving color. Just like bed sheets, curtains are ridiculously expensive as well. One of the things I love about my home is the bright and airy feeling. We have lots of windows and french doors but getting all the window coverings for them got very expensive. Ever since we moved in, I knew I wanted striped curtains (and rugs). We went curtain shopping almost every weekend. We bought and returned a bunch of curtains. Folding them back and getting it to fit back into the package was not easy! But finally saw these stripe fabric from Ikea and decided I should make my own. I liked the way it turned out and made 2 sets (4 panels) of these. With about a yard of left over fabric, I recently decided to make a table runner for the dining table. What do you think? I think stripes look good in any room. I will be making some stripe cushions for the chairs soon! My other obsession is with gold things, especially gold and white combo and particularly kitchen related items. Don't get me wrong, i love love love gold jewelry, i prefer it over silver but for the home, i particularly love gold things for the kitchen. If only I could just get a gold espresso machine and toaster I'd be a happy girl!
Here I show you my new little coffee corner setup in the kitchen.
pretty much looked for everything gold in my kitchen and put it on the tray

I Must thank Sean for saving the Hubert's lemonade bottle which I spray painted gold. Now I want to spray paint everything gold.

Ok, no one drinks coffee out of those teeny tiny gold cups. This is what I really drink coffee out of. Just keep'n it real guys!!
black white stripes + gold.... OH MY!

the curtains in guest room

2 comments:

thank you for leaving a comment. It made my day!

xoxo,
stylelatte