Tuesday, October 30, 2012

NEW AGAIN {chest of drawers}

My little cottage/studio is almost finished! I will be posting some pictures soon. I want to take my time finding the right pieces so most of the furniture is just what I have now. But today, I want to show you this chest of drawers that I found at the thrift store a few months ago. When I first saw this, I loved the geometric details on the drawers and also the fact that it had so many drawers! I thought this would be perfect for the cottage because it doesn't take up much square footage but now that I have it in there, it just doesn't look right for some reason. I've moved it around and tried almost every corner and wall but it just seems out of place. I also managed to get a ding at the top corner which you can see in the pics below. BUMMER! I will still keep it in there though because I could use those drawers for so many things!
I used rust-o-leum spray paint in gloss white and metallic gold for the pulls
I think eventually I will switch out the pulls for something more modern and add black contrast to the square detailing on each drawer
This location was the least awkward place for it
before: it was a bronzy brown color

removed the drawer pulls and getting ready to start spraying!

first coat done! 2 more coats to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment. It made my day!

xoxo,
stylelatte