Wednesday, October 31, 2012

MY LITTLE COTTAGE STUDIO {layout}


As promised, here are some photos of my progress. It took me a while to figure out the best layout for this 170 sq ft cottage. I wanted an office, sitting area, photo shoot space and inventory space. I dedicated half of the cottage to photo shoot and inventory storage and the other half for a small office and sitting area. My priority was to get rid of as much as I could (you can see how many boxes of junk I have in the before photo) and have the space to start putting furniture into place. As I mentioned in my previous post, I haven't purchased any furniture (except the wardrobe) everything is hand me down or from my previous apartment. I want to take my time to find pieces that would look good and fit nicely in this space. So what do you guys think of the layout? I cant wait for when everything is finished with nice furniture and decoration! The style I am going for is RUSTIC GLAM with a boutique feel without clothes everywhere. Obviously, it is far from that but hopefully the final result will be just like how I envision it in my head. I am so happy to have a place to work in everyday and the best part is its only a few steps away!
I've always wanted one of these wardrobes. I always see them in those cottage living magazines and now I have one! I am planning to get another one for the other side of the window so I can have more clothing storage space

The wall where my dress form is is where I take photos. My lighting kit is on the other side of the room.

Here is my little sitting corner. My sister gave me this awesome chair which I will be painting soon. My desk is right behind this shelf where I am keeping some handbags and magazines

I really need to figure out a prettier way to organize all the stuff under the desk and I could use an office chair
Does the chest of drawers look a little awkward here?

here is the mess

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic!!! Well done on editing everything down and such a nice clean palette to start with. As you add to it I think things will find their new places well. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a comment. It made my day!

xoxo,
stylelatte