Friday, August 10, 2012

COLD DISH {asian cucumber salad}

I dont consider myself a good cook but when I am in the mood, I can whip up some yummy dishes! I dont use recipes or measurements, i like to season to taste and eye everything. It somehow always turn out fine for me. One of my favorite fast and easy dish to make is the cucumber salad. If you plan to make several dishes for dinner, I would do this dish first since it needs time to marinate and chill in the fridge. This salad is so yummy and refreshing and best of all, very low calorie!
You can find a big bag of these from costco. I use about 7 or 8 cucumbers.

step 1: chop into 3 or 4 sections //  step 2: take each section and chop in half  //  step 3: chop each half into three

and get a big bowl of beautifully chopped cucumbers, already looks yummy doesnt it?

Magic sauce (sorry, i dont have measurements but this is whats in it):  ponzu sauce (citrus soysauce), soysauce, rice vinegar (only need a tiny bit), chopped chilli pepper (dont use this if you dont like spicy), sesame oil

pour the sauce over the chopped cucumbers and mix very well. then put it in the fridge to chill. Stir it occasionally so the ones on top get marinated as well. when you finish making the rest of your dinner, this is also ready to serve!
Dinner is ready: Asian cucumber salad // french long bean stir fry // my version of spicy eggplant and tofu

2 comments:

  1. This looks delish! Maybe I'll try the cucumber salad over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me know how it turns out! make sure you use japanese or baby cucumbers, they are crunchier!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a comment. It made my day!

xoxo,
stylelatte